The Peace Idea delivers programs to children, youth, and university students to promote peace and justice in communities impacted by conflict and division.
What We Believe:
- We believe that children have the right to play in a safe and happy environment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture, economic class, and physical and mental abilities.
- We believe that every child has the right to express and pursue their wishes and dreams.
- We believe that a peaceful existence should be the reality of every child in the world.
- We believe that children can learn very early that practicing cooperation, tolerance, and teamwork can lead the world to a place of greater unity, openness, and equality.
- We believe children are inspiring.
- We believe peace begins with the happiness of children.
The Peace Idea embraces Article 31 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
Article 31 of the UN Convention
- That every child has the right to rest and leisure, to engage in play and recreational activities appropriate to the age of the child and to participate freely in cultural life and the arts.
- That member governments shall respect and promote the right of the child to participate fully in cultural and artistic life and shall encourage the provision of appropriate and equal opportunities for cultural, artistic, recreational and leisure activity.